Match report

Tiverton Town 0 - 1 Dagenham & Redbridge

   Saturday 29/07/2000   Friendly
Nigel Davis

Tivvy had another good workout against a very good side this afternoon. With three central defenders unavailable‚ it was very much a reshuffled side‚ hence Tivvy´s shape and organisation was obviously not as tight as usual. There were some good performances from the trialists‚ which would have given Dodge plenty to think about. However‚ it was the Daggers who won this fiercely contested match. They fielded there strongest side following a run out of their reserve players in a game at Taunton the previous evening.
The opening minutes were dominated by Dagenham‚ but Tivvy slowly began to exert themselves. On 5 minutes two good chances were created following good interplay between Scott Rogers andKevin Nancekivell. Phil Everett´s overhead kick caused panic in the Dagenham box. At the other end‚ both Steve Heffer and Paul Cobb went close before the half time whistle.
Tivvy started the second half more brightly and Richard Pears was unlucky to see his effort easily collected by the Dagenham Keeper. A superb long pass from Dominic Richardson found Phil Everett whose first touch was not as good as he would have liked and allowed the Dagenham keeper to make a challenge. The challenge however‚ looked a more than clumsy and Phil can consider himself a trice unlucky not have won a penalty‚ but the ref wave play on. Dagenham took the lead perhaps against the run of play‚ when Kevin Nancekivell was dispossessed by Cobb. The ball ran kindly for Cobb who‚ after evading a challenge in the box‚ crossed to the unmarked McDougald to tap home.

Line up: Paul Edwards‚ Micky Fallon‚ Neil Saunders‚ Scott Rogers‚ Kevin Nancekivell‚ Richard Pears‚ Dave Leonard‚ Dominic Richardson‚ Luke Vinnicombe‚ Ryan King‚ Kevin Squire‚ Russell Jee‚ Craig Dann.

This report ©2000 Nigel Davis

Please note: The � or ? character in some older reports denotes where an error has occured in translation when the reports were transfered between databases